Migrating from Google Workspace to Microsoft 365 can be typical for any organization. The process requires a deep understanding of both platforms and a comprehensive plan to ensure all data is safely and securely transferred.
In this blog post, we’ll provide an overview of the migration process and outline some key steps you should take when moving your data from Google Workspace to Microsoft Office 365.
Benefits of Microsoft 365 over Google Workspace
Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace are popular cloud platforms offering multiple cloud-based applications to improve productivity and collaboration.
As businesses continue embracing cloud-based solutions for their IT needs, it’s important to understand the differences between the most popular options: Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace. While both offer powerful tools for collaboration, communication and productivity, several key advantages make Microsoft 365 a more compelling choice. Let’s see why we need to consider Microsoft 365 and why there is a need for Google Workspace to Microsoft 365 migration process.
Some Points to Consider
- Microsoft provides superior security measures with its Office suite of applications. With advanced encryption technology built into each product and user access control features like multi-factor authentication (MFA), organizations can rest assured knowing their data is safe from unauthorized access or malicious attacks. It provides enhanced protection against cyber threats to users.
- Another advantage of Microsoft 365 over Google Workspace is its comprehensive integration capabilities across multiple platforms and devices, including PCs, as it also provides desktop application with its subscription. This allows teams to stay connected no matter where they are working – whether at home on a laptop or out in the field using a mobile device – while still having full access to all their documents stored within Office apps such as Word & Excel plus other services like OneDrive & SharePoint Online Team Sites for easy sharing among colleagues located anywhere in world.
- Lastly but certainly not least – cost savings! Organizations who opt for Microsoft Office 365 often experience significant savings compared with those using G Suite due primarily because it contains Microsoft complete suite like Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint that users do not need to purchase separate.
In my opinion, some above key differences make Microsoft 365 a perfect choice, and to migrate mailboxes from Google Workspace, you need to perform Google Workspace to Office 365 migration.
How to Google Workspace to Microsoft 365 Migration
First, you need to buy a Microsoft 365 subscription plan if you do not have one to migrate your Google Workspace mailboxes data to the Office 365 platform. Once you have subscribed to Microsoft 365, follow the below steps to perform Google Workspace to Microsoft 365.
Some Prerequisites to perform.
- Adding Domain in Microsoft 365 Account
- Add active users and assign licenses for Google workspace to Microsoft 365 migration.
Steps for migration of Google Workspace to Microsoft 365
You can use either automatic or manual configuration to fulfill some requirements of Google Workspace to Microsoft 365 migration.
- Automate the configuration of your Google Workspace for migration
- Add Domain Wide Delegation
- Add API Permissions
- Manually configure your Google Workspace for migration
- Create a project
- Create a service account
- Create a Private JSON Key
- Provide API permissions
- Add Domain Wide Delegation
- Resume Google Workspace Migration Process
- Add MX records for sending/receiving emails
The above steps are needed to complete the migration of mailboxes from Google Workspace to Office 365. To read these steps in detail, visit Google Workspace to Office 365 migration.
This article describes some benefits of Microsoft 365 over Google Workspace and steps needed to perform Google Workspace to Microsoft 365 migration. Users or Businesses needed to migrate to Microsoft 365 platform from Google Workspace can perform these steps to migrate Google Workspace mailboxes to Office 365 platform.
Read more: THE TECHNOLOGY TRENDS THAT WILL DOMINATE THE SMALL BUSINESS NEXT DECADE